Sunday, May 31, 2009

Remember, Oh Remember

This morning I put in an old conference CD and listened to the talk given by Elder Eyering regarding seeing the Lord's hand in our lives. Then, just a bit later, my mother posted a video on her blog which happened to be a clip from that same talk and is titled "Remember, Oh Remember": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF01BQAcj8E. I'm going to be a bit personal and share a few of the things that are evidences of the Lord's hand in my life, and especially since Elder Eyering pointed out that these blessings are often given to us to bless others.


  1. I guess to frame things, the last year and a half dished out some difficult experiences (probably the same as everyone). I confess that at times I've wondered if life were really meant to be one in which we experience joy or just seek to endure. However, I feel today a peace and assurance that cannot be denied. It is that same peace felt in the temple that is indescribable and yet incredibly distinct, and it has not left me. I cannot describe it, nor do I know why the time has finally come for this feeling, but I feel like I need to share my experience. I guess I also just want to say that I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers, even in times of need. I know that while the answers to our prayers may not come in immediacy, the tears we face through those journeys often help us find our greatest treasures. I treasure the experiences I have had since they have allowed me the feelings I have felt today. Also, I know that the Lord does offer reprieve and will sustain us in times of difficulty. He IS the great deliverer!

  2. I have been blessed with great friends, including many from the past who now keep up with me through their and my blogs. I have wonderful co-workers. In addition, I prayed a few weeks ago for the association of others who would uplift me and strengthen me. I have been blessed to see those people in my friends that have been around me for some time, but also know that I was blessed to meet more of those individuals on the trip to Lake Powell. I'm sure that going on that trip was an answer to my prayers. When I get up in the mornings, I immediately want to do the things that I know they would do--such as studying the scriptures and having prayers--that leads them to be such good, confident, and upstanding individuals. How blessed I am to have the great example of so many others around me.

There are many other blessings that I am thankful for--including my calling, talents, a job, the gift of the Holy Ghost, eternal families, and smaller daily miracles such as finding something I lost--but I could go on forever. Instead, I guess I'll just note that I know God lives and loves us--each of us, and individually so. May each of you find the hand of the Lord in your lives this day.

3 comments:

David Chipman said...

Emily - you have great insights, and are a great inspiration to me. Thanks for being such a great sister! I love you tons!

PS - love the new look on the blog!

Camille said...

Emily, I am so thankful to read your thoughts. They buoy me up and encourage me. Thanks you for sharing. You are certainly a light to those who know you. I echo all of David's comments! I love you!

Emily said...

You two are so good to me. I'm so lucky to have you as siblings! :)